HICKORY SMOKED WHOLE BEEF BRISKET WRAP WITH CHERRY SALSA
- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® precooked brisket
- 2 tablespoons canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet cherries, pitted and sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet yellow onion
- 1/4 cup seeded and finely chopped yellow tomato
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 flour tortillas (flavored tortillas can be used, if desired)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- Prepare cherry salsa by combining pineapple, red pepper, cherries, onion, tomato and cilantro. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap tortillas in foil with a damp paper towel and place in oven for about 10 minutes.
- Heat leftover brisket slices in microwave or on stovetop in medium, non-stick skillet until heated through.
- To assemble, place cheese, spinach and brisket on each tortilla. Top with cherry salsa. Wrap, cut in half and serve.
- For a great appetizer, slice wraps 1/2-inch thick and hold each piece together with a frill toothpick.