STRIP STEAK WITH GRILLED CAESAR SALAD - Serves 4
Tender, juicy strip steaks served with smoky grilled romaine drizzled with homemade Caesar dressing and parmesan. Make this easy recipe for an outstanding summertime dinner.
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 15 mins
TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
- 4 (12-ounce) Certified Angus Beef ® strip steaks (1 1/4-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (Optional, but a traditional ingredient. If not using, replace with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 1/4 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- Spray oil (or extra olive oil for brushing on romaine
- 2 romaine hearts, cut in half lengthwise
- In a mixing bowl, prepare Caesar dressing. Whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup Parmesan, lemon juice, olive oil, Worcestershire, anchovy paste (or 1/4 teaspoon salt if not using anchovy paste), garlic and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Refrigerate.
- Preheat grill to medium high, season strip steaks with salt and remaining pepper and grill to desired doneness, 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium rare. Allow steaks to rest 5 to 10 minutes, lightly cover with foil. While steaks are resting, turn grill to high or use remaining heat from charcoal.
- Lightly spray romaine hearts with oil, using just enough to coat the flat core surface. Briefly grill lettuce to create a char on it without letting the lettuce get soggy; about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve romaine whole or chopped, top with Caesar dressing. Thinly slice steak and place on top of salad; garnish with remaining Parmesan.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device